freetds - Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "john" <bizard+freetds AT propellerheads.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:53:08 -0400

I have been attempting to convince FreeTDS to compile shared libraries for
OS X Server 10.2 and iODBC for the last couple of days. Compiling the
static archives was a snap, but I have run out of ideas for getting it to
be shared.

to start, I am trying:
./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --with-iodbc=/usr

which always reports back that building shared libraries is not available.
I have tried fiddling with CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and even the main makefile
but nothing seems to get me any closer. I know just enough to be
dangerous, which is part of the problem. I learn quickly but need a
shortcut right about now.

any pointers on where to start would be appreciated.