freetds - Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "john" <bizard+freetds AT propellerheads.com>
  • Subject: Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:40:07 -0400

I just go into the appropriate directories and use the following commands. I haven't done it in a while (long before 10.2 and 0.60), but it should still work. I never bothered with ODBC, but the same syntax should work there, too.

libtool -install_name /usr/local/lib/libtds.dylib -dynamic -current_version 1.0.0 -compatibility_version 1.0.0 -dylib_file libtds.dylib:/usr/local/lib/libtds.dylib -lz -lc -o libtds.dylib libtds.la /usr/lib/libcc_dynamic.a

libtool -install_name /usr/local/lib/libsybdb.dylib -dynamic -current_version 1.0.0 -compatibility_version 1.0.0 -dylib_file libsybdb.dylib:/usr/local/lib/libsybdb.dylib -lz -lc -o libsybdb.dylib libsybdb.la /usr/lib/libcc_dynamic.a /usr/local/lib/libtds.dylib

libtool -install_name /usr/local/lib/libct.dylib -dynamic -current_version 1.0.0 -compatibility_version 1.0.0 -dylib_file libct.dylib:/usr/local/lib/libct.dylib -lz -lc -o libct.dylib libct.la /usr/lib/libcc_dynamic.a /usr/local/lib/libtds.dylib

If someone familiar with autoconf/config/make etc. could modify the process so these commands happen automatically on Mac OS X, I'm sure many users would greatly appreciate it.