freetds - RE: Corrupt file 0.60rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Corrupt file 0.60rc1
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:16:39 -0400

> It work (it compile) but contain some unneeded file (like CVS one)
> Should these file go to distribution:
> - autogen.sh
> - INSTALL.CVS
> - doc/CodingStyle
> - doc/developer
> - doc/README.releasing
> ??
> IMHO no...

It is a source code release, I think CodingStyle makes sense. If you want
to make a local bug fix or platform specific change, I don't think it's
fair to require CVS, so autogen.sh probably belongs too. The others,
probably don't matter much, as long as they stay in the source tree and
aren't installed to, say /usr/local/share/doc or whatever.

> > Can you build an rpm from it?
> >

> No, rpm must find a .spec file inside tarball. It work in such way
> - rpm extract spec from dist
> - rpm build extracted spec

I build the rpm by putting the spec in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and my
tarballs in ../SOURCES and build with 'rpm -ba', so it is very possible.

Perhaps a 'make rpm' target with spec files in the tarball makes sense in
the future, but let's leave any big items like this to 0.61 at this point.

> freddy77

Jim, if we are still having release problems I'd recommend letting me do
the release from my machine to get this out the door. It's the same as my
snapshot script, except I pull the tagged version from CVS. Technically,
last nights -current and rc3 should be identical.

Brian