freetds - Re: Help Compiling and installing on OS X 10.1.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jay Van Vark <jay AT vanvark.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>, Mac Java <jay AT vanvark.net>
  • Subject: Re: Help Compiling and installing on OS X 10.1.5
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:53:00 -0700

Some progress...

I changed configure for the Darwin variable for

archive_cmds

I told it to always make a -bundle as the article suggested...

Now - of course, I have a new problem...

It seems to compile and install fine... Then I get...

Couldn't find DSN /Users/jvanvark/.odbc.ini in HotelTDS2
LookupDSN: LoadDSN returned FALSE[unixODBC]Could not find DSN in odbc.ini

I had done all my changes earlier in /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini

What is it talking about with /Users/jvanvark/.odbc.ini???

Did it look in both places....?

Thanks again to everyone....!!!!!

On 6/20/02 3:12 PM, "Jay Van Vark" <jay AT vanvark.net> wrote:

> Thanks -- I was reading that right now...
>
> Can I pay anyone to help with this...?
>
> I need to get it fixed today or my head is on the chopping block...
>
> On 6/20/02 3:09 PM, "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com> wrote:
>

>>> I have been able to get it to build a dylib now, but I still have the same
>>> problem....
>>>
>>> [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
>>> '/usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.dylib' : not a Mach-O MH_BUNDLE file
>>> type
>>
>> Take a look at <http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php>.
>>
>> My guess is that the bundle isn't be built correctly -- it's named
>> dylib, but not really one. That page explains the differences between
>> Mach-O dylibs and other platforms, and what to do about the
>> difference.

Jay Van Vark
'Guiding Positive Change in High-Tech Companies'
one box voicemail (866) 248-7670 x 6471
efax (801) 659-7952

-- Great tool for advertising bid optimization, check out:
http://www.Promote4Less.com