freetds - Re: Help Compiling and installing on OS X 10.1.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jay Van Vark <jay AT vanvark.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help Compiling and installing on OS X 10.1.5
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:09:24 -0700

I saw that fink has a 1.3.5 version of the libtool... Is that going to be
different...

Is there anyone that can get me through this problem - today -- ?? I will
pay for the help...

Thanks!

On 6/20/02 1:33 PM, "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org> wrote:

>> At 11:57 AM -0700 6/20/2002, Jay Van Vark wrote:
>>> AWESOME )> THNAKS!!!
>>>
>>> Now - I have hit one more step... Once I get everything compiled and
>>> installed - I try to use a datasource with the TDS Driver I get...
>>>
>>> [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
>>> '/usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so' : not a Mach-O MH_BUNDLE file type
>>>
>>> Any ideas...?
>>
>> This is an issue with many unix ports to Mac OS X. Basically, .so
>> files won't work. You need a dylib or a framework.
>>
>> I've got a framework working fine, but only with libtds and libdb, no
>> odbc or ctlib. Once I get those added to it and working, I was
>> planning on adding it to the cvs repository.
>>
>> Brian & others -- suggestions? A pb project is a directory with a
>> couple of files in it. Where should I put it? Should we have a folder
>> for platform-specific stuff?
>>
>> I don't know enough about autoconf, make, etc. to actually make the
>> changes to compile a dylib, though I've done it by hand before.
>> Looking in my notes, here are the commands I used inside each src
>> sub-directory. you can try similar commands until you get a dylib
>> created, then stick it in the same place as the .so files (changing
>> the paths to the libtool commands to be the paths where you are
>> installing them).
>
> A better question is...is it just that libtool/autoconf haven't progressed
> to supporting this yet? Will the next version? really libtool should be
> doing whatever it takes to build the libraries so we don't have to worry
> about it. Since OSX is such a new platform, maybe they haven't caught up
> yet?
>
> I'd say we could have a src/arch/osx directory for platform specific
> stuff, but I'd really like to rip it out again if libtool does start
> working out of the box.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [jay AT vanvark.net]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')

Jay Van Vark
'Guiding Positive Change in High-Tech Companies'
one box voicemail (866) 248-7670 x 6471
efax (801) 659-7952

-- Great tool for advertising bid optimization, check out:
http://www.Promote4Less.com