freetds - Re: libtool error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: libtool error
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:38:45 +1100

Brian Bruns wrote:
> Ok, that looks like enough of a majority. Gen'd files are (mostly)
> removed from CVS as of now. I'm sure I missed one or two along the way,
> but c'est la vie.

I've updated from CVS. Yes, I've found a few generated files still
current, I'll remove the ones I find.

> I am running autogen.sh before taring up the snapshots for the benefit
> of those without the autotools packages installed. I tested the new
> snapshot here locally and everything seems ok, but I'd be interested in
> hearing from others.

Downloaded freetds-current.tgz ... configured and built fine on Debian
testing, 'woody' 3.0pre, but not on my Tru64 UNIX machine. My comments;

a) .tgz should be .tar.gz?

b) it unpacks to freetds not freetds-current, perhaps it should have the
date as the directory name? freetds-2001-11-20

c) it includes config.cache, showing that configure had run, so set
NOCONFIGURE so that autogen.sh doesn't run configure. (This caused
build to fail on Tru64 UNIX Alpha.)

c) hope you are running that snapshot generation in a dedicated account
of some sort, because anybody who has access to CVS can get your machine
to do anything.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/