freetds - Re: GNU auto-stuff

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: GNU auto-stuff
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 16:58:20 +1100

I don't really have any solid opinion on the solicitation side of
things, I'd rather just cut code (or documentation). I'm only helping
with FreeTDS because it has helped me at work, and if I lose access to
the SQL server in question, or lose my job, I won't be continuing to
help. So I'm helping while I can. Mind you, if someone higher up asks
me where I got the software from and whether it cost anything, I'll try
to remember to mention that lone coder who did most of the work and who
could do with some reward. The nature of the open source culture ... a
gift economy.

--
James Cameron