freetds - Re: GNU auto-stuff

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: freetds mailing list <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: GNU auto-stuff
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:57:40 -0500

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Brian Bruns wrote:
So, VMWare + Win2K Server + SQL Server 2000 is quite a bit of money. But
it would allow for an easier time finishing up support TDS 8 and domains
among other things.

I have SQL Server 7 running on a box purely for development purposes. I'd be happy to create accounts for any developers that need a box to test against.
I was also going to have one of our NT guys look at adding SQL Server 2000 on a different port (if that's possible -- I'm not a windows person at all).

Second thing, I've done some paid programming on freetds for folks or
small consulting jobs involving setting it up, etc... I'd like to get
peoples impressions on whether it'd be appropriate to put in a (small)
link off to a page detailing that type of thing. (This being a .org site
and all).

I think it's totally appropriate. It doesn't hurt anyone, it gives you some payback for all the work you've done, it helps users who don't know what they're doing, and it could potentially fund development of more features.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin