freetds - RE: mssqlserver connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: mssqlserver connection
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 01:42:53 -0500

Brian Bruns wrote:

> jkl, if you are reading can we note somewhere (FAQ) that make check needs
> a clean make install before running because of issues with freetds.conf
>
> (short summary: freetds.conf is located by a configure-time value,
> /usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf by default, and since make install has
> not been run, that file does not exist).
>
> Solution will be to modify PWD and all the tests to use a HOST/PORT value
> instead of a server value. This will mean less configuration (none
> actually) before running make check anyway, so I think it is a good thing.

I'm listening. I'll look after it. I think the tool stuff and a little
more cvs detail (e.g., the module name) should be in the CVS section,
too.

This was succinct:

> Don't bother looking at the
> libtool scripts, instead just try running this sequence of commands
> after downloading the FreeTDS source using CVS:
>
> make maintainer-clean
> libtoolize
> aclocal
> automake
> autoconf
>
> If the 'make maintainer-clean' fails, ignore it.

This weekend is hardware days. My NAT gateway-cum-webserver burned out
its primary IDE bus last week, and the new woo-hoo! 800 MHz motherboard,
armed with a CPU and too much RAM (didn't know there was such a thing,
did you?) arrived to replace his 200 MHz grandpappy. Depending on how
clever I am at scraping my knuckles, I should still have time to update
the faq.