freetds - Re: Building FREETDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Building FREETDS
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:19:04 -0400 (EDT)

Just for the sake for completeness, I need to mention that when
configuring --enable-dbmfix, a define for dbopen() is created so that code
that includes sybdb.h can still call dbopen() directly. This change is a
few months old, but I think the doc needs to reflect that. Note: that
dbm and dblib still can not be compiled in the same object file (without
undefining dbopen, and using tdsdbopen), but they can be reference in
separate objects and linked together. Which is what most people (perl,
php) are looking for anyway.

Brian