freetds - Re: PHP, FreeTDS and SQL Server 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PHP, FreeTDS and SQL Server 7
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:21:42 +1000

David,

While I don't know what the cause of your connection problem is, I have
in the past used techniques to verify that the correct configuration
file is being read.

- rebuild PHP against FreeTDS as a CGI binary not as an Apache module,
- use strace against an activation of PHP that tries a database connect.

% strace -o php.log php test.php

The output of strace told me all the files that were being opened. It
even included the functions that do network connections, so I could
prove the error message being displayed was 'correct'.

You might like to try 0.53pre1 or CVS as Brian suggested.

--
James Cameron