freetds - Re: Building FREETDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Building FREETDS
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:28:20 -0400

Brian Bruns wrote:

> Just for the sake for completeness, I need to mention that when
> configuring --enable-dbmfix, a define for dbopen() is created so that code
> that includes sybdb.h can still call dbopen() directly. This change is a
> few months old, but I think the doc needs to reflect that. Note: that
> dbm and dblib still can not be compiled in the same object file (without
> undefining dbopen, and using tdsdbopen), but they can be reference in
> separate objects and linked together. Which is what most people (perl,
> php) are looking for anyway.

I fetched the user guide from sourceforge, updated it, and regenerated
the html to

http://www.schemamania.org/freetds/html/x126.htm#AEN145

Tell me if that's clear.

Then, maybe someone can 'splain this argument with cvs?

jklowden@home$ cvs commit userguide.sgml
cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvs25833ab

jklowden@home$ cat CVS/Root
:pserver:jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freetds

jklowden@home$ cat /tmp/cvs25833ab
Updated ~line 282, the description of --enable-dbmfix

jklowden@home$ cvs -z3
-d:pserver:jklowden AT cvs.freetds.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freetds commit
userguide.sgml
cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvs25861ab

I poked around the sourceforge site. I certainly seem to have the
correct settings. So, I'm wondering if it's how I'm using cvs?

Thanks.