freetds - Re: Building FREETDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Norman Palardy <palardyn AT mac.com>
  • Subject: Re: Building FREETDS
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:30:49 -0500

At 1:32 PM -0600 10/18/2001, Norman Palardy wrote:
I really DO want to make this work
I've tried quite a few things and cannot get FreeTDS to build to the point I can use it

It seems that at this point I have a problem with specifying the right --host option for configure

In the freetds source directory, do the following:
cp /usr/libexec/config.* .

Then it should get the proper host settings. You need to do this when compiling any unix program that doesn't have Darwin listed in config.guess.

My understanding is that the Darwin info in these files has been updated in the autoconf sources (or where ever they come from), but most packages out there never update these files once they've released a source package.

I'll email Brian a copy of these files so he can merge the changes into the freeTDS distribution.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin