freetds - Re: Building FREETDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Norman Palardy <palardyn AT mac.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Building FREETDS
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:46:34 -0600

For anyone interested .... (and hopefully a list archive somewhere)

1) su - root
2) create in /usr/include malloc.h that simply reads
#include <stdlib.h>

3) chmod 644 /usr/include/malloc.h
4) exit root
5) change to your freetds dir
6) cp /usr/libexec/config.* .
7) ./configure --with-tdsver=5.0
8) make
9) su - root
10) change to your freetds dir
11) make install
12) exit root

I cant be 100% sure that BOTH the creation of malloc.h and the copy are required but I did both and I do have an install that works now