freetds - Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

James Ponder writes:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 07:25:01AM -0700, Michael Peppler wrote:
> > > I'm using DBD::Sybase dated "1/Sep/100" (ho ho).
> > Hmmm... where do you get that string, please?
>
> That was perldoc's interpretation of your $Id string in Sybase.pm.

Ah - I thought I'd made one of the common localtime Y2K mistakes.

> > BTW - DBD::Sybase doesn't do anything to the variables that it
> > retrieves - it simply uses the ct_bind() API call to bind retrieved
> > data to program variables and expects ct_bind() to do any necessary
> > conversion...
>
> Ok, I think it's beginning to look like the NULL termination is FreeTDS's
> fault, but DBD::FreeTDS manages to get integer values correctly whereas
> DBD::Sybase didn't... You might want to look at this.

Well... DBD::Sybase works as expected with the Sybase libs. Hence the
problem is not in DBD::Sybase :-)

And I regret to say that I don't have the time to check the FreeTDS
code (and I don't have an MS-SQL server to talk to, anyway)

Michael
--
Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler