freetds - Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:01:11 -0400 (EDT)

It's been a while so my memory may be a little shaky (wouldn't be the first
time ;-)

But it seems that doing a STRINGBIND on a varchar did exactly that under
msdblib, using NTBSTRINGBIND acted as you would expect. Like I said, I need
to go back and test the exact configuration of char/varchar,
STRINGBIND/NTBSTRINGBIND, and sybase/mssql to get the right results.

Brian