freetds - Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Ponder <james AT squish.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:10:16 +0100

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 01:34:08PM +0100, James Ponder wrote:
> I'm using DBD::Sybase dated "1/Sep/100" (ho ho). It appears to be the
> latest, so I guess if it was a bug that old, it would have been fixed
> by now.

Further to my previous message I have now run all the unittests that come
with FreeTDS, the only one that fails is t0009.c where it errors with:

Start
About to logon
About to open
Dropping table
creating table
insert
select
col 1 is i
col 2 is s
Expected |abcdef|, found |abcdef|
dblib failed for t0009.c

Which is a strange error, to say the least :-)

Presuming that the above program failing is infact a bug in the test
program - does this indicate that the problem is definitely with
DBD::Sybase, presumably the sorts of problems I describe would have been
picked up by other tests in the test suite?

If it is with DBD::Sybase, can you offer any ideas how this could
only be affecting FreeTDS, because I would imagine this perl module
works, otherwise people wouldn't use it :-)

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder; www.squish.net