freetds - Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:25:01 -0700 (PDT)

James Ponder writes:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 01:29:39PM +0100, Geoff Winkless wrote:
> > ISTR someone had this problem a year or so back. Didn't it turn out to
> > be a
> > problem with the version of DBD::Sybase?
>
> I'm using DBD::Sybase dated "1/Sep/100" (ho ho).

Hmmm... where do you get that string, please?

> It appears to be the
> latest, so I guess if it was a bug that old, it would have been fixed

> by now.

BTW - DBD::Sybase doesn't do anything to the variables that it
retrieves - it simply uses the ct_bind() API call to bind retrieved
data to program variables and expects ct_bind() to do any necessary
conversion...

Michael
--
Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler