freetds - Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ints don't work, trailing null on strings
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:32:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, James Ponder wrote:

> $ export TDSVER=42
> $ ./test.pl
> OUTPUT: 'hello' (length 6)
> $ export TDSVER=70
> $ ./test.pl
> OUTPUT: 'hello' (length 6)

Hmmm....

1. I don't see anything in your test script which shows the int problem.
2. I don't get the length problem when I run against the latest freetds.

$ TDSVER=42 ./test.pl
OUTPUT: 'hello' (length 5)
$ TDSVER=70 ./test.pl
OUTPUT: 'hello' (length 5)

Perl: 5.005_03
Linux: 2.2.14-5.0 (i386)
DBI: 1.14
DBD::Sybase: 0.23
freetds: extracted from CVS archives today
SQL Server: 7.00 - 7.00.842

Can you give us comparable information on your setup?

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com