corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Answer for Martin Eldred

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Richard Fellows <rfellows AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Answer for Martin Eldred
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:23:22 -0800

Jim wrote
>And while we
> are on that topic, why on earth did your travel partners find you so
> unpleasant that not a single one of them went on more than one trip with
> you? (And Mark didn't even make it that long).

Actually, Jim, there is one exception: Titus. He was a native of Antioch,
and he travelled with Paul to Jerusalem (Gal 2:1-3). He was then given the
name 'TIMOQEOS' because he was to bring honour to God, and he was sent as an
emissary to south Galatia. Paul met him there (Acts 16:1-3), and they
traveled together to Macedonia and Achaia (2 Cor 1:19, 1 Thes 1:1 etc.).
They were still together when Paul wrote Romans (Rom 16:21), and when he
traveled to Jerusalem (Acts 20:4).

PS here are two more questions for Paul:
1. Why didn't you tell the wealthier members of your churches to sell all
their possessions and give to the poor?
2. What did the influencers tell the Galatians? We cannot understand your
letter to the Galatians until we resolve this question.

Richard