corpus-paul - Re: Peter and Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Peter and Paul
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 17:08:06 -0400

However, as far as I can see Hughes has failed here to make any connection between pseudonymity in general and specific Pauline's [sic].
I'm happy to refer you to Early Christian Rhetoric and 2 Thessalonians (JSNTSup 30; Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1989).  This paper, which I believe will be published soon, presupposes the case I made for Deuteropauline authorship of 2 Thessalonians.  That Paul did not write 2 Thessalonians now seems to be the majority view among Pauline scholars.  See the commentaries by Wolfgang Trilling (EKKNT, 1980) and Maarten J. J. Menken (New Testament Readings, 1994).

Frank W. Hughes
Codrington College
Barbados