corpus-paul - Re: Commentaries

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Vince Endris" <vince_endris AT hotmail.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Commentaries
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:37:20 -0400

Noel,

I read over a number of commentaries on Philippians this past year and found Peter O'Brien's to be by far the best. If you just want one commentary then this, I feel, would be the best since he does the best job (that I saw) of surveying other's research. I also just finished Malherbe's commentary on the letters to the Thessalonians. I thought it was excellent. I would, however be interested to hear other's opinions on Malherbe's take on the two letters. More specifically, has he put 2 Thessalonians back in the Pauline Corpus? He has to at least have put it back in the running.

Vince Endris