corpus-paul - Teaching Paul Contextually

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Brian Tucker" <editor AT journalofbiblicalstudies.org>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Teaching Paul Contextually
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:52:54 -0400

I will be teaching a class this week on the importance of thinking
contextually when dealing with Paul's writings.

I would like some suggestions on passages to use as examples. For example,
passages that are misunderstood when taken out of context.

Also, I am open to suggestions for creative ways to approach such a class.
If anyone has taught a section on the importance of thinking contextually in
the Pauline epistles and can suggest some unique ideas for presenting the
material, I'd love to hear it!

Or, is emphasizing the context, much ado about nothing?

Thanks,
Brian Tucker
Adjunct Professor
Michigan Theological Seminary