corpus-paul - Re: Authenticity in the Pauline Corpus

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Authenticity in the Pauline Corpus
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:21:47 -0500

"Perry L. Stepp" wrote:

> [...]

Having been "in on" the Xtalk discussion Jimi refers to, I think what he is
really
asking is either how seriously is the thesis of the old "Dutch School" that
NONE of
the epistles attributed to Paul are authentic or how certain can we be that
the
epistles as they stand have not been so seriously
redacted/intepolated/rewritten by
the time of out first manuscript testimony that they are in any way
representative of
what Paul first wrote?

Yours,

Jeffrey.