corpus-paul - Re: Authenticity in the Pauline Corpus

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Yuri Kuchinsky <yuku AT globalserve.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Authenticity in the Pauline Corpus
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:28:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

> "Perry L. Stepp" wrote:

Well, Jeffrey, the Dutch School (which the oft-sited by me Darrel Doughty
seems to be an adherent of) was really too far out on the critical side
re: authenticity, IMHO. And the modern (near) consensus it far too
conservative, also IMHO. So I do think Alfred Loisy has achieved the
synthesis that is closest to the truth.

Once again, I invite those interested in this subject to examine the new
additions to my webpage that include a brief analysis and the
reconstruction of the Epistle to the Romans based on Loisy.

Best wishes,

Yuri.

Yuri Kuchinsky || Toronto

http://www.trends.net/~yuku/bbl/bbl.htm

"It is so much easier to assume than to prove; it is so much less painful
to believe than to doubt; there is such a charm in the repose of
prejudice, when no discordant voice jars upon the harmony of belief; there
is such a thrilling pang when cherished dreams are scattered, and old
creeds abandoned, that it is not surprising that men close their eyes to
the unwelcome light" -- W.E.H. Lecky (A History of Rationalism)