corpus-paul - Re: Chronology of Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jon Peter" <jnp AT home.com>
  • To: "Corpus Paulinum" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chronology of Paul
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:48:00 -0700

John Dickson wrote:

> Furthermore, James Zebedee is most likely dead by this time (Acts 12:2).
> Further, Acts suggests that James (the Lord's brother) rose to prominence
> soon after the Zebedee's death (Acts 12:17). I have struggled to find any
> commentators who think the James of Gal 2:9 is the Zebedee. What have I
> missed?

I checked your Acts 12.17 reference, and it is indeed persuasive on Jesus'
bro. in the early leadership. There may be more to this story ... anyway, I
will use your James ID from now on, but will do some homework on dating
Zebedee's death v-a-v the Galatians events. Time to re-read Acts!

Best regards,

Jon