corpus-paul - Re: Chronology of Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chronology of Paul
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:19:44 -0500

Jon Peter wrote:

> I would like to add alternative date suggestions to this chronology chart,
> along with other parallel events, if anyone has specifics to offer.
>
> Jeffrey G. wrote to tell me he will probably upload the chart to the Web /
> CP articles page.

Let me clarify this a bit. I think Jon's chart is a useful resource as a
guide to the
sort of "standard" pre-Knox/Jewett et. al chronology which is rooted in the
data of
Acts -- and therefore deserves a place somewhere in or attached to the C-P
Home Page.
But an even more useful chart would be one that gives us samplings of the
alternative
chronologies.

So since Jon seems to be willing to graph this out (but does not have access
to Jewett
or Ludemann or Caird and others who have either challenged or refined the
standard
chronology), I'd second his request for C-P members to send him information
on the all
the variations and alternatives.

Can anyone scan Caird's charts in the IDB or Jewett's in his _Chronology_?

Yours,

Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson