chpac-staff - Re: [Chpac-staff] action report

  • From: Dan Cefalo <cefalobuilt AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chpac-staff] action report
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 10:00:33 -0500

As the Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission we have decided that our three priorities for the 2015 year are as follows

1-Review, complete public discussion, and present our “Arts Plan” to the town council for approval and implementation

2-Revise and Improve the process of reviewing public art installations on commercial developments beyond the current courtesy review being completed by the Public Arts Commission.

3-Promote a clear and concise focus on the marketing element of the Public Arts Commission.  This includes but is not limited to- event promotion within current programming, promoting current related events outside of CHPAC, push for more contact with artists within our town, more involvement for aspiring artist  All of this done through marketing and promoting of events, installations,and  programming.

The above is how I have currently written my notes for the Mayor.  The above has not be submitted yet.

As you all have read in some of the emails, we have begun to move forward on item number 2 and item number 3 will realistically take some immediate funding that we may not currently have in place.   another item on these three priorities is the promotion of a downtown arts district.  The district has been on the radar for some time now and is a tangible item that council has as a priority as well.

If we wish, we can replace item 2 or 3 with wording towards a focus on the development of a downtown arts district.  Mandey and Emily- I feel that both of you are our strongest champions on this subject.  I would like to see some wording on that item that relates to how both of you see it moving forward this year.

This priority list dose not exclude any additional achievements of the CHPAC, it is just a more exact focus on what will lead our meetings over the next eight to ten months, and provides the mayor and council with a thumbnail of where we see our commission focused for the next year.

After we receive wording from Mandey and Emily on the downtown element, I will look for commission comments and input to see if we switch out any portion or all of 2 or 3 for a downtown element.  If any members feel that they would like to contribute to what is being discussed- please do so.

My understanding is that none of this discussion is outside of the rules on open meetings and these items are just what we as a commission see our focus as over the next year.

Thanks
DAN CEFALO
Certified General Contractor
Building Consultant
Development Consultant

Direct-  919.889.2215
Email-   cefalobuilt AT gmail.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, may contain privileged or confidential information which is intended solely for the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by reply email advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the e-mail message and any accompanying documents.