ch-scene - Re: No Hard Feelings

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: No Hard Feelings
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:55:47 -0400

I can be stupid and naive pretty often and yeah, I hadn't really thought
about scale, but I can tell you that our debt is proportional to our
standing in the music world! I'm hoping that my ability to keep this band
solvent for this long will get me into business or accounting school! I can
also tell you that by and large, we are hardly more loved by the "scene"
than you are! We've relied on reaching out to the norms to get by. Btw come
see us open for rusted root on 10/1. :)

On Sep 20, 2011 3:20 PM, "Mump" <gilbertgeorgeneal AT gmail.com> wrote:

On Sep 20, 3:04=A0pm, hepst... AT gmail.com (James Hepler) wrote:
> I see what you're saying, but I sti...
> campaign places the value of $25 on a physical copy of a cd and the donor=
> name in the liner notes while at the same time placing a value of $0 on t=

he
> content itself. My logical side concludes that the value is all placed on=
> few ouces of plastic (which the donor can buy for very cheap and allows t=

he
> person to make their own cd) and some artwork.
>
> iwtdi raised capital before our last record ...
> infusion while avoiding the risks that accompany kickstarter campaigns. I=

> allows our fans, friends, and family to feel a part of something "bigger"
> without making us fe...
> band raise capital, spreading the financial risk of a project evenly amon=
g a

> group of "investors" based on what they want to contribute to the cause. =
> believe midtown dickens tried such a thing. I'm afraid to try something l=

ike
> that, if only because you dont want to let down your biggest supporters.

I hear you James. But don't forget that your band's following, cachet
and the like dwarf my own by a considerable margin, and for good
reason. So the value of my tangible, released product is small. I am
counting on the support of the folks back home who aren't as savvy as
the folks you probably encounter every weekend. Having said that,
perhaps I could modify my approach in that regard. Probably a good
idea. Thanks.

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listi...