ch-scene - Re: No Hard Feelings

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: No Hard Feelings
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:56:23 -0400

I'm not a fan of giving music away, although I definitely see your point. I
believe that if you incur expenses to create something, it's fair to expect
compensation for the goods produced. Then I see shirts for $15 or $25 for
one color on Gildan and freak out! It's all about balance. I think ten
bucks is fair for a CD or a shirt. We charge $15 for shirts that cost us
$11 to make (full color is spensive). And I think that's fair. I think for
me the bottom line is, if you give something away then it is YOU saying your
product has no value. I don't think that brings people into the fold. I
could be wrong.

And back to kickstarter, I happily donated money tot he P-90's campaign. $5
gets you a copy of the EP. Boom. Like a presale.