ch-scene - Re: No Hard Feelings

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Dave Yarwood <dave.yarwood AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: No Hard Feelings
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:17:05 -0400

I think selling exclusive content can be a good way to raise money -
Antibubbles did that with our last 7". It happened to be December when we
were looking at placing the order for the records, so we recorded an
exclusive "xmas EP" where we did ridiculous covers of xmas songs, and we
made that available (in mp3 form) to anyone who donated a certain minimum
amount. We raised a pretty decent amount that helped us out a little bit
with the cost of the 7" - people like buying exclusive content, especially
if you only have a limited time to get it.