ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of February 25, 2010

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of February 25, 2010
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:27:54 -0500

It's always gonna be a problem at the Cave due to the lack of a "sound person."

Our own dear sweet long-ago-moved-to-New-Orleans Alec Vance has an iPhone app called Pocket Troll that's basically an insult generator. Perhaps NOW is the time to have him code up an official Pocket Grady version. Just for you, Hep.

And JKP, though I shudder to think of how she'd use such a thing.

James Hepler wrote:
The only hope for staying on schedule is that someone takes charge.
Sometimes it's the venue person, sometimes it's the band who sets up the
show. I have found that the worst case scenarios occur when no one assumes
that responsibility. I remember a show at the cave when the first band had
played for over an hour and actually played a song from the early part of
their set AGAIN because some new people had come in since they had started.
Being in a later band but no the band who set the show up, all I could do
was go to the bartender and say WTF? Who's in charge here? The answer was,
who knows? I wish Grady had been there for THAT!