ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of February 25, 2010

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of February 25, 2010
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:19:10 -0500

The only hope for staying on schedule is that someone takes charge.
Sometimes it's the venue person, sometimes it's the band who sets up the
show. I have found that the worst case scenarios occur when no one assumes
that responsibility. I remember a show at the cave when the first band had
played for over an hour and actually played a song from the early part of
their set AGAIN because some new people had come in since they had started.
Being in a later band but no the band who set the show up, all I could do
was go to the bartender and say WTF? Who's in charge here? The answer was,
who knows? I wish Grady had been there for THAT!

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Glenn / Local 506 <local506 AT gmail.com>wrote:

> > Well now, Glenn, if you don't give people something to go by, you're
> > never gonna have any hope of staying on schedule.
>
> We actually have individual set times for all of our shows, which we
> send to the bands - we just choose not to post since it'ss so hard to
> control. The interesting thing is that even after sending this
> information, it doesn't always circulate to every member of the group
> (or the musician's refuse to read it.) In fact, one of my least
> favorite questions is 'what time do we go on' when I've gone to the
> trouble to get you that information in advance of the show. Of
> course, my question is if you don't know what time you're playing,
> then did you bother even telling anyone that you had a show that
> night!...glenn

Der Weg ist das Ziel