ch-scene - Re: Walmart has a great selection, though.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn / Local 506" <local506 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Walmart has a great selection, though.
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:26:56 -0700 (PDT)

This was in the comments...and is likely the explanation. I dug a
little deeper as that article made little sense. I mean, why would a
music distribution company not want their music in dedicated music
stores...glenn

>>this really isn=92t such a big deal. First of all =93One Stops=94 DOES NO=
T mean Wal-mart and Best Buy. A one stop is a distributor that buys from th=
e labels and sells to retailers. Most indie stores get their product from o=
ne stops anyway. Some labels do sell directly to larger indie stores that h=
ave a large volume, but this, and only this, is what EMI is halting. I shou=
ld know, as I am an indie retailer. We have always used a one stop distribu=
tor, and will continue to do so. And F*CK Wal-mart!