ch-scene - Re: sharing the space

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: sharing the space
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:48:47 -0500

I think the solution's pretty easy, looking at it from down the road: Protest in front of their office a couple of times. Make it fun and unpredictable with sharp funny signs and music (might help CD Alley's business, too). Get the press there and give them something to photograph. Take a lesson from the folks who took over that factory in Chicago and make your demands simple and clear: 1) an apology and 2) a promise that they will not stop.

I don't know what "starting the ball rolling" means for the Downtown Partnership, but include direct phone calls to all city council members and the mayor. The more business owners who make a simple call to say "It's not right to cover other folks posters and this company is consistently the worst offender and doesn't respond to polite requests, and we'd like them to respect their fellow local businesses a little more, and stop making the town look ugly besides, and are now wondering if you [council member] might be able to help," the better, but it's still a pretty small town, isn't it? Shouldn't be too hard to put some pressure on these fucks.

todd polite but forceful pressure morman