ch-scene - Re: sharing the space

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: sharing the space
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:53:32 -0800 (PST)

Yes, this is also a sore spot for me and agree, there are two types of
offenders: Young/naive/stupid bands and Businesses that should know
better.

>>>By far, the people that do "Save the Environment" and did "Help Elect
>>>Obama" and sometimes "Jobs for Justice" are the worst.

Yes, its funny that a company that wants to save the environment
wastes the most paper promoting their activities!

>>>I have to think Mr.Obama or Move.On.org would be upset if they knew this
>>>was going on.

Well, not so sure. I took one of those fliers to the local Obama
headquarters (when they were across for Breadman's) and didn't get
much of a response. I also informed a Moveon person when they knocked
on my door but never had a chance to higher up the food chain.

With that said, I am on the board of the Chapel Hill Downtown
Partnership (http://www.downtownchapelhill.com/) and will bring this
up for discussion in hopes of not only making the kiosks more user-
friendly, but also more attractive to look at (when someone covers it
with their own fliers, it just looks shitty - and really not sure why
Chapel Hill would want to support such an eyesore.)

glenn