ch-scene - Re: Copied from the DPR mailing list: Music on the CCB Plaza

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Copied from the DPR mailing list: Music on the CCB Plaza
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:47:22 -0700 (PDT)

Although I think some interesting ideas have come up, I'm more in
agreement with Ross - people are choosing to NOT see opening bands,
not showing up late AND hoping to catch the entire first act. So as
much as I think a financial reward could entice more folks to PAY
early, I could also see those very people paying early AND going
elsewhere to wait for the second or third act to play. Basically, I
don't think a financial reward is going to get people to come out and
see something they are not interested in seeing - heck, if that were
the case, all of our free shows would be sell-outs...glenn