ch-scene - Re: Copied from the DPR mailing list: Music on the CCB Plaza

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Slater <saulecker AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Copied from the DPR mailing list: Music on the CCB Plaza
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:54:15 -0400

Growing up going to lots of shows I always found that if a show was listed as starting at 9:30 then 99% of the time it wouldn't REALLY start until 10:30. With 2 opening bands (usually) this would mean that the headliner (who generally I was most interested in seeing) wasn't even going to go on until 12:30 at the earliest. I lived my life showing up at venues at 11 and generally not missing anything. At age 14 I didn't mind getting home at 3 am and having to go to school the next morning. At age 33 I can't seem to function any more past 11.

I have noticed that around here things are a little different and I generally show up when a show is scheduled to begin (if not a little earlier).

k.