ch-scene - Re: Copied from the DPR mailing list: Music on the CCB Plaza

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <chris AT christophermrossi.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Copied from the DPR mailing list: Music on the CCB Plaza
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:19:47 -0400

Gary Miller wrote:
Grady wrote: "Add all that together, and you're left with
incontrovertible evidence
that the opening band needs to SUCK IT UP ALREADY and get onstage and
play at the appointed time."

Preach on, brother. Preach on.

I'd go even more extreme to say that clubs also need to keep a cattle
prod on hand, and if the band isn't on at the prescribed times... zap
'em. I don't care of the singer is in the bathroom, or if the drummer
went outside to call her boyfriend. Zap 'em.

I've spent way too much of my life sitting around rock clubs waiting
for the first band to go on. And as an introvert, that's pretty
uncomfortable time, generally speaking. Dreading the thought of
paying to sit around and wait for the band to start has actually kept
me home on many occasions.

Back before Glenn bought the 506, I used to take a book to shows there.

chris
--
Spacelab Recording Studio +1 919 403 5502
http://spacelabstudio.com -- My email address is 'cr' at this domain