ch-scene - Re: Finding good music in Chapel Hill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <chris AT christophermrossi.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Finding good music in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:01:39 -0400

Uhmm, 'Le Weekend'.

chris

rogerwilkinsons AT gmail.com wrote:
What a great town we live near ( Irecently moved here from Las
Vegas). Great food, arts, science, community and the University make
it a life enriching place to be. One thing I want to share is my
disappointment with the music around here.

Where are the bands with excellent skillz? (Skillz: can play more
than single notes or triads on their instruments)

I have made a point to visit The Cave, Local 506, Mansion 462, He's
Not Here and others but the local bands I hear play are, well, lacking
in the skillz department. Some of the lyrics are catchy but the
music, for the most part, would make simple Simon rejoice.

Where can an educated, literate and lover of well written and
performed live music go to see consistently good, competent musicians
week after week?

Thanks for your help.

Roger

Spacelab Recording Studio +1 919 403 5502
http://spacelabstudio.com -- My email address is 'cr' at this domain