ch-scene - BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Anne Gomez <annemgomez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: altmusic chapelhill <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, scene of the crime rovers <socrovers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, soundpainting <triangle-sound-painting-orchestra AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:52:38 -0400

Dear Fans of The Gates of Beauty, The Debacle (aka The Scott Waite Debacle),
and Clawform (Colin Booy's metal-banjo project): If you were going to come
see us play at Dain's Place tonight, you can make other plans. We will not
be playing there tonight because a much more important event has displaced
our show: A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL GAME ON TELEVISION!!!! So if you are a
fan of the Lakers or whatever team they're playing tonight, by all means go
to Dain's. If you like crazy, interesting music you'll have to sit at home
and listen to your Albert Ayler records. Love,Anne "We Practiced Really Hard
for This Show and Put Up a Buttload of Flyers" Gomez (The Gates of Beauty)

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_SeasonOfGiving