ch-scene - Re: Slightly OT - Static IP Address

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ben Donnelly" <bendonnelly AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Slightly OT - Static IP Address
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:57:51 -0500

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM, grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> Their
> monthly newsletter always contains some kind of "here's how we fucked up
> this month, har har" tidbit.

I've really respected that upfontness, but the billing thing has got
me nervous that they're getting too loosy-goosy. I dunno. Hopefully
they're through the bumps. I've had a few outages I've noticed in the
last year though, probably more I haven't noticed. I'm sure theres
plenty of even bigger screwup out there. They haven't lost anything.

> I find it kind of endearing, but then I'm a sysadmin in my dayjob, so . . .
>
> GoDaddy are fucking evil, both in terms of the owner's psychosis, but
> more importantly because their support people are morons, even the smart
> ones.

I do have to say that RR Business Class support has been excellent and
knowledgeable and quick, unlike the consumer support.