ch-scene - Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: chapelhillguitarist AT hotmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:00:14 -0800 (PST)

Your comment makes no sense to me. You seem to imply that you were
powerless to stop your desire to purchase an iPod? WTF? Why would
ANYONE want an iPod? It's an over-priced toy designed so the masses
who don't care much about quality will pay for downloading inferior
mpeg audio encoded at 128.

Why do people bother with iTunes at all? (Different subject I know
but related). My ears cringe everytime I listen to a friend's music
dowloaded from iTunes.

Until iTunes offers uncompressed, full resolution 44k or 48k WAV or
equivalent, discerning adult music lovers won't touch it.