ch-scene - Re: Local music... who decides?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local music... who decides?
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:14:15 -0500

See, you asked for someone to give you the honest answer, and then when somebody *gave* you the honest answer, you got all appalled & stuff. That, plus your bizarre appeal to "fairness," leads me to suspect that perhaps you're in the wrong line of work. Have you considered becoming a right-wing talk radio host?

chapelhillguitarist AT hotmail.com wrote:

Wow. You actually admit to being biased against local music acts with
managers.

It isn't fair that you feel this way and is a disservice to bands who
have their collective shit together. I find it appalling that you, a
self-admitted 'gatekeep' for various local music opportunities, choose
to play god with local music simply because you are in the
'gatekeeper' role. Whatever happened to let the people decide?