ch-scene - Re: Local music... who decides?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: trunk <trunkrecords AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local music... who decides?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:46:56 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 5, 12:11 pm, chapelhillguitar... AT hotmail.com wrote:
> If a band manager has a great local band but local clubs won't speak
> with them about booking the local band, what advice can you offer to
> ensure communication with the club manager short of firing the band
> manager or stalking the club manager?

Great post.

If you have tried, exhaustively, to get the attention of a club
manager and they still don't respond to you, try again.

I know this sounds stupid but club goobs WANT you to work too hard.
Club goobs don't want to follow-up YOUR call but want you to spend
your time tracking them down. Club goobs are not interested in the
quality of the music, per se, but rather are interested in making
money for the club. Try a different tactic. Make them believe that
you can make them money. Appeal to their greed and the world will be
your oyster.

It's America and in America, we care more about money than about
people or art. It's true and the evidence is all around us.