ch-scene - More Indy talk (Mansion 462)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: More Indy talk (Mansion 462)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:57:07 -0800 (PST)

>>"We want to be a viable part of the exposure the music scene within this
>>town gets," says Brad Waycaster, general manager of Mansion 462, which
>>claims the space once occupied by Avid Reader and, more recently, the
>>furniture boutique Chaise. "We're not just throwing parties here. We're all
>>about the live, original music of this town."

First of all, wasn't this place dedicated to so-called "sweaty" dance
music - until they realized that there were not enough people in this
town to support that. So, NOW, they're all about the live music in
this town!?!?

Well, let me tell you how supportive this venue has been of our live
music scene. Just this past fall, Local 506, Cat's Cradle and the
Poster Guys (who put up fliers for 506, the Cave and many bands) all
had issues with this venue for covering our music fliers with their
own fliers.

When I approached them to discuss this situation as a fellow business-
owner (both night clubs on West Franklin no less,) not only did I
storm-out in disgust but the problem intensified and it became
apparent to me that my fliers were then specifically targeted as
opposed to randomly covered, including one instance where ALL my
fliers had been ripped down or covered by theirs on multiple kiosks
(while their's remained intact!)

Okay, maybe destructive criticism is allowed when constructive
criticism is rebuked, but at least I tried...

glenn