ch-scene - Re: More Indy talk (Mansion 462)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: More Indy talk (Mansion 462)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:50:56 -0800 (PST)

> "We're
> not just throwing parties here. We're all about the
> live, original music of this town."

That's odd. I wasn't even aware of this place until a
couple of weeks ago when I walked by it on the way to
the 506. It was pretty much full of yuppies partying
to DJs spinning eurocrap, much like several other
places up and down the block.

I finally got around to having enough of a chunk of
time to read that Nightlight piece in Tiny Mix Tapes.
It said pretty much what I would have guessed right
down the line. It would be nice if Nightlight could
live forever, as is has been the most courageous
keeper of the flame these last five years.

3