ch-scene - RE: article about Nightlight on Tiny Mix Tapes

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Joel Peck <joelpeck88 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: article about Nightlight on Tiny Mix Tapes
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:48:42 -0500

Ok, but give us some credit, Glenn. The moment some caddy dumbshit starts
spewing scene gossip, I instinctively tune out. > To:
ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:02:14 -0800> From:
local506 AT gmail.com> Subject: Re: article about Nightlight on Tiny Mix Tapes>
> > Yeah, it's definitely an interesting read. I wasn't aware there was so
much> > anti-Nightlight hate and vicious gossip, though. Is that exaggerated
or was> > that stuff really a problem?> > This is the first I'm hearing of
this, but if the ownership transition> at Nightlight was anything like it was
at Local 506, then I'm sure> that this is based in fact. Unfortunately, it is
my opinion that> there are some people in this area that are less into
constructive-> criticism, and more into destructive criticism (ie: talking
shit about> you behind your back when you can't even defend yourself as
opposed to> openly to your face so you might be able to do something about it
or> at least explain why something is done a certain way.) And those> people
also like to share their ill-will with as many ears that will> listen, as
opposed to the only ears that matter!> > This town is small, so stuff will
usually trickle back to it's subject> - and it was so bad for me at one point
that I was hesitant to visit> other nightspots because I didn't want to
gladhand with people who I> knew were also stabbing me in my back. For
example, one piece that> got back to me was how I was raising my drink prices
on certain shows,> when, in fact, the opposite had happened. This was a
practice used by> one bartender on one specific night before I owned 506 and
when I> became aware of it, I made the person stop. A story such as that>
could have been nipped in the bud with the source, instead of spread> all
over town.> > glenn> > -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
alt.music.chapel-hill --> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene
http://biggestloser.msn.com/