ch-scene - Part of the problem (was Re: skylight/nightlight)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Slater <saulecker AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Part of the problem (was Re: skylight/nightlight)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:28:40 -0500

I would like to state that I am part of the problem. I drive 50 feet to check my mail.

I take that back. I'm not part of the problem, but I am not part of the solution either. While I kid about the driving to the mailbox thing, I don't even consider walking most places. Honestly, one person or even 50 people or however many isn't going to make a dent in the problem. The entire structure of our economy needs to change for that to happen. Little ol' non-scientist me can't make a change. Put out a car that drives with water as fuel and I'll drive it. It be great to be completely "off the grid", but it's not a reality for me or many other people.

k.