ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: seattle.powerpop AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:29:16 -0000

Out here in Seattle, the entire state is smoke-free in all buildings.
I adore it. I'm 10x more likely to go to a rock show now without the
smoke. When they first passed the law, a lot of clubs were against
it, saying it would run off their customers. What they found in
reality was the smokers still came (they go outside to smoke between
bands) and the clubs were able to add more non-smokers to their
customer base.

I'm not sure the same would be true there. But, I'd be tickled to
have non-smoking shows (or smoke-limited shows like you're describing)
in CH by the time I move back there!

Gary